Day 6 - "I can't feel my face when I'm with you. No, seriously, this is too spicy my face has gone numb"
Day six of the CSIV experience began with a nice early start (earlier for some than others though) in order to board the coach for a nice trip to the airport so we could catch our next flight. The coach journey was uneventful, or as I should say, as uneventful as Chinese driving can be!
Upon arrival at our next airport, we made our way to Weihai, a sweet coastal city with a delightful beach. As you can imagine, by this point we have all been wanting a proper chance to unwind, and so the free time given to us to explore the city and relax was extremely welcome. Afternoon activities included: swimming in the sea (no heavy industry nearby so we thought we'd risk it!), football, sunbathing, hole digging, people burying, escapology (from aforementioned hole) and some minor incidences of drinking.
We then decided some food was in order, and so headed into town and found a nice restaurant that seemed to serve nice food. Unbeknownst to us, this was a Korean restaurant, and the Koreans are famous for their incredibly spicy foods! However, once the fire extinguishers had been emptied and removed, we realised the taste of the food was really very nice, and if we picked off as many chilli flakes and chilli seeds as we possibly could, then it would be fine (or it would if I hadn't picked all the seeds off using my chopsticks, letting them stick there, and then eating the food with the chopsticks and actually ingesting the seeds anyway!).
As the evening drew to a close, we decided to grab a few extra drinks and just sit on the beach and relax, which was a thoroughly pleasant way of ending the day. Tomorrow begins a new chapter of education enrichment and excursions, and I'm exhausted, so I shall now exit and bring today's blog to an end!
Upon arrival at our next airport, we made our way to Weihai, a sweet coastal city with a delightful beach. As you can imagine, by this point we have all been wanting a proper chance to unwind, and so the free time given to us to explore the city and relax was extremely welcome. Afternoon activities included: swimming in the sea (no heavy industry nearby so we thought we'd risk it!), football, sunbathing, hole digging, people burying, escapology (from aforementioned hole) and some minor incidences of drinking.
| The hole was relatively deep! |
As the evening drew to a close, we decided to grab a few extra drinks and just sit on the beach and relax, which was a thoroughly pleasant way of ending the day. Tomorrow begins a new chapter of education enrichment and excursions, and I'm exhausted, so I shall now exit and bring today's blog to an end!
I'm glad you're getting enough educational experiences. :)
ReplyDelete